2012 Meeting - San Francisco
The 50th Annual Meeting of the Academy of Aphasia will be held October 28-30, 2012 at the Stanford Court Hotel in San Francisco, California.
To celebrate this landmark anniversary, there will be a special symposium "New frontiers of language science."
- Tikofsky, R. The Founding of the Academy
- Caramazza, A. Objects, Actions, Words, and Brain
- Hillis, A. Discovering the Dynamics of the Language Network
- Crinion, J. Stimulating Speech and Language Recovery
Greg Hickok will be this year's luncheon speaker.
October is a glorious time of year in San Francisco with an average high temperature of 70 F (21C) and many sunny days. San Francisco offers a wide variety of great food with many unique museums and cultural activities. Please join us to celebrate the Academy's 50th year.
Call for Papers
- View the Call for Papers (pdf)
- Submission Guidelines (pdf)
- Submit abstracts (Deadline: April 20, 2012)
The deadline for submissions has passed.
- Copyright Agreement
If you did not fill out the copyright agreement when you made your submission, please click here, log in, and click on the green Copyright Agreement tab at the top of the page.
- Copyright Agreement
Conference Schedule & Abstracts
- The schedule for the Annual Meeting is now available.
Last updated: 8/9/12
- The preliminary program for the conference has also been posted.
Last updated: 10/8/12
Information for Poster Presenters
Each poster board is 60" wide by 40" high (150 x 100 cm).
Authors should be present during the entire session to discuss their poster.
Stanford Court Hotel, San Fransisco
A limited number of rooms have been blocked at The Stanford Court Renasissance Hotel, a historic and ideally located hotel in San Francisco, where the meeting will take place. The Academy of Aphasia attendees can benefit from a reduced rate at the conference hotel. Since this special rate is limited, please make sure that you make your reservation in advance.
- Conference Rate: $209 per night for single, double, triple or quad occupancy. Free Wi-Fi is included.
- Eligible Dates for Conference Rate: Oct 26-30
- Make a Reservation
After following the link, use the grey reservation form at left. The Academy's group code will already be entered for you.
- Directions to Hotel
A sunset cruise on San Francisco Bay on October 27th will be offered on the Red and White Line for a rate of $52 per person. Appetizers are included and there will be a cash bar. The Academy has booked a block of tickets and if there is sufficient interest, we will be upgraded to our own private boat for this exciting cruise to kick off our 50th Anniversary meeting in style. For further description, please click here.
- You may purchase your ticket for the cruise when you register for the annual meeting.
Things to do in San Francisco
Picture credit: Red and White Cruise - Beatrix M. Varga